Can I help you find something??

03 June 2013

Viewtorial: The Icing on the Cake

That's right, I have made a viewtorial! I am someone who is definitely more confident behind the camera than in front of one, but I wanted to have a go at making a little video tutorial instead of simply writing a regular post about how to ice a cake. 

Every time I make a cake someone asks me what icing I have used. Every time I post a cake recipe I get emails asking about the icing. So, I thought I would answer you all at the one time!! (You may never ask another question again after you see this....but don't worry, I won't be turning my blog into a vlog). 

So here's my somewhat very awkward video that I made this afternoon showing you how I like to make my icing for cakes. I will apologise again for the amateurness of the video and until the last shot or two, I was doing it all myself, so there are lots of close ups of my hands as I click the power button on and off!!! (But, this was my attempt to be a fraction less awkward.... I get sooo nervous if Mr M tries interviewing me on film....so this was the lesser of two evils!).

I've always used the same Butter Cream recipe, from the good old Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake book!! It is consistently amazing. 

Butter Cream

4oz/125g butter
1.5 cups icing sugar
2 T milk (at room temperature)

And for the method....well, I guess you'll just have to watch!!!! (sorry....)



post signature

8 comments:

  1. That was too cute! It made me miss you!!! I was happy to hear your voice! I feel very prepared should I ever decide to bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Bess!! I can't believe it is nearly a year since we've seen you guys, doesn't feel like its been that long!!! xx

      Delete
  2. Meg! How awesome to see your face and hear your voice! I feel I know you that much more after watching this!

    Your little girl is such a doll... nice to hear her little voice too!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Its funny how just hearing someone can put so much more scope to their personality isn't it... I wish I had given that more thought, maybe I could have re-branded!!!! It was fun to do though, even with a little munchkin at my feet wanting to be the star!! xx

      Delete
  3. Bravo Meg! I've not been brave enough to make a video! You did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Brave, maybe, coo coo, definitely! It was fun to do, but gosh I am far more confident from behind the camera!! You should definitely do one!! xx

      Delete
  4. Meg, I can't tell you how great it is to put a personality to the blog that I'm reading! You have such a dynamic, lovely and sweet spirit. Thank you for this video, I've had problems with my icing always being too pasty... but will definitely try this recipe next time. You little one is SO ADORABLE! I just want to squeeze her!
    Thanks so much for sharing, and thanks for your suggestion on my blog to make Grace a dress out of that shirt! I am going to try to take that on as my next project!

    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Christy! You are the sweetest! If I could justify posting twenty video's of my bub every day I would....she's techincally "meg-made" so that could work.... I feel like Grace and Maddie would be the bestest of friends!!! :) xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg