Can I help you find something??

17 June 2013

The Birthday Girl

Last week was Baby M's 1st Birthday. It was a day I had been looking forward to ever since we found out we were having a girl!! I knew I wanted the day to be beautiful and special and pink. 

And it was. It was everything I had imagined it would be. 


Our little girl was happy and played all day. She looked adorable and smiled at everyone who had come to celebrate her special little day. 

I have oh so many photos to share. So many that I am going to do it over several posts! I want to spend as much time as possible pouring over the hundreds of photos from the day so if you're not in the least bit interested, perhaps check back in a week!!

But for my first post, I wanted it to be about the special Birthday Girl and all her special friends and family who came and sang her new favourite song (through approximately 8 skype sessions with relatives back home, Baby M got quite used to hearing Happy Birthday and thoroughly enjoyed hearing it each time!!!). 


Headband: meg-made

Playing with Millie

Lauren & Hannah

Nikki & Nick

Mr M (aka Dad Dads) & Uncle Luke

Playing with Amma (Grandma)

Sweet baby Viola (& Lauren)

Baby M's boyfriend Ilia who lives downstairs

Presents time!! ABC Apple Pie from Holly & Jason

Pooh Bear from Mamu in Dallas
A HUGE thank you to Holly, who not only arrived early to help us finish things off (which was truly the best gift in the world, I sure needed it), but who also took loads of photos throughout the day when I wasn't able to. Having photos of Baby M eating her very first piece of cake are photos I will treasure for the rest of my life. Thank you for capturing some special moments in our family history. 


Making special wishes for her year to come

A little bigger please Dad Dads

Baby's first cake......was a success! She LOVED IT! But, ate it so delicately, piece by piece. 

 It was such a special day for us. I was a wee bit emotional in the morning, thinking about my baby being One already, but seeing her having fun and relishing being the centre of attention was such a joy that I forgot all about being sentimental.  Whilst she may not still be a baby, she will always be our baby and really, every single day with this little girl is better than the one before and it is so rewarding watching her grow each day. 

Happy Birthday Madeleine! We love you!!


post signature

16 comments:

  1. super cute!!! Happy birthday to the gorgeous little one and congrats to the lovely mom and dad!! I love that last pic Meg, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family and a gorgeous celebration for M's 1st Birthday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunty Julie. We know you were here in spirit!! xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like such an amazing day and a wonderful celebration! Happy Birthday little one!

    Meg, you have such a beautiful family!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, I'm a pretty lucky Mum!!! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the last photo especially!

    Verena x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V, it was a really fun day! Its a keeper isn't it!! xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Madeleine! I especially love the last photo, that's definitely one for a frame! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca!! She sure had a fun day. Yes I think I'm going to have to do something with the family shot, happily little trio that we were!! xx

      Delete
  6. Such a gorgeous post! Your little girl is beautiful and that photo of her eating the cake is adorable!!! xoxo

    100 Follower Giveaway: Essie, Urban Decay, Soap & Glory, Lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate! She was so delicate about eating it, I was kind of expecting cake smeared all over her face, but she was so dainty!!! xx

      Delete
  7. Aw WOW, this is amazing. Everything is so lovely and special like any little girl's birthday party should be. Happy Birthday to your gorgeous little princess.

    morethanpinkglitter.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a really special day!! xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for making this party so special for all of your guests! It was a wonderful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much for everything you did to make it a wonderful day!!!!!xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg