Can I help you find something??

07 April 2013

Naked Baa Baa Burger

Oh. My. Goodness. 

Every now and then I eat things that are meant to have wheat, such as a burger with a bun, but they are so delicious that I don't even notice that something is missing. This was definitely the case with this Naked Lamb Burger that I made myself for lunch last week. 

I love lamb. It's in our blood. It's Un-Australian not to. You know it makes sense... 

Whenever lamb is on special I always buy some and pop it in the freezer (we don't seem to be able to get much Aussie lamb in the UK, but we do get some wonderful Kiwi lamb which is just as good). I was really hungry the other day and so decided to make myself a lamb burger for lunch.

I made the pattie using lamb mince, a small amount of finely chopped onion, dried tarragon, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and almond meal. I cooked some onions in the pan first and then placed the pattie in amongst the juicy onions, which then all cooked together. Once the meat was cooked through, I spread two teaspoons of marscapone and two slices of cheddar cheese on top, and placed it under the grill for minute or two, until the cheese had melted. 


All I had with the burger was a simple salad with lettuce (incidentally, it was lambs lettuce!) and cherry tomatoes. The flavours of the burger and cheeses with onions were so intense that it didn't need anything else. I find lamb is always more tender and juicy than beef, and this was no exception. The meat was tender, the cheese added a luxurious creaminess and the caramelised onions gave it some good crunch. 

It seriously was the best burger I've had in a long time!

Bun, what bun...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my god this sounds delicious. I LOVE caramelised onions with lamb, such a great combination! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say, it's impossible not to be good when its those two combined! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg