Can I help you find something??

19 November 2013

Chicken Puttanesca with Courgetti

Courgetti. Courgette, dressed up as spagetti. Love it.

I made this meal for a dinner on week 5 of the Fast Diet, and the entire plate was only 250 calories.


To prepare the Courgetti

I don't have a spiraliser or a julienne grater, so mine was more like half length spaghetti, but that's not going to stop me from calling it Courgetti, that I love!

I used my Kitchenaid Food Processor and attached the julienne blade. It produced perfectly thinly chopped courgettes, like this:


Simply spray some oil-spray in a pan and heat before adding the courgette. Add the pile of courgettes to the hot pan and gently cook for 3-4 minutes.



To prepare the Chicken Puttanesca

I followed the Fast Diet Recipe Book, however as I am not all that fussed about anchovies or capers, I left these out of the recipe, but if you like anchovies, add a few per person. I found that the green olives were salty enough though.

Serves 2
1T extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
250g cherry tomatoes
10 green olives
Half an onion
2 lean chicken breasts
Fresh basil leaves
Salt and pepper

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.

2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and add the garlic and fry for a few minutes.

3. Add the cherry tomatoes, olives and chopped onion. and stir for five minutes.

4. Add the chicken and stir well. Put the lid on the pot and place in the oven for 20 minutes.


5. Remove from the oven and stir well to make sure the tomato sauce is fully covering the chicken. Place back in the oven without the lid on and cook for a further 20 minutes.

6. When fully cooked, allow to cool for a few minutes and stir through the basil to serve.


I would probably ordinarily serve with rice, but serving with the courgetti worked perfectly!! My only complaint would be that because the Puttanesca was a little watery (by its nature, I don't think I did anything wrong...) it would have been nice to have something a little more absorbent to mop up the juices. But the flavour of the courgette was the perfect match for the salty chicken! Delightful!


post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg