Can I help you find something??

09 October 2013

meg-made it to Grill'd (review) - Gluten Free Healthy Burgers

Now if only Grill'd would make it to London!!!

I have a fairly long list of favourite "must eat's" for whenever we are back in Australia, and even when time is tight, I usually find a way of making it to each of them. High on the list is Grill'd. I've eaten some pretty amazing burgers around the world now, but, Grill'd is still my favourite, without a doubt. 

Pre-travel planning always factors in Grill'd, I spend a whole lot of time thinking about it... as do others it seems!


It is an Australian burger joint who's angle is that they make healthy burgers. They started in Hawthorn, Melbourne, in the suburb we lived in, so we kind of feel like we were part of their success story, given that we've eaten there enough to have shares in the company! 

I was so excited to see an entire spiel about Gluten Free options on the menu, which meant I could eat anything I wanted. I could order a gluten free bun and the chips are already GF so I was all set!!


I tried virtually every burger on the menu when we lived in Melbourne, so now when I return for one burger, it is always the same: One Baa Baa burger and herbed chips please.


A Baa Baa Burger is quite simply a Lamb burger with avocado, tasty cheese, salad, relish and herbed mayo. The relish and herbed mayo really elevate the lambyness of the lamb and is such a divine combination of flavours.


And I mean come on, how good do these chips look?!


And just in case you didn't believe how good it looked from the outside....here's the inside view...


Mr M ordered the Big Queenslander - lean beef, tasty cheese, crispy trim bacon, free range egg, a couple of slices of beetroot, with salad, relish and herbed mayo. I didn't get my act together quickly enough to photograph his though!


If you're visiting Australia, or live under a rock in Australia (it would need to be Ayres Rock) and have not been to Grill'd, it is definitely worthy of being on any "must eat" lists. I love when something you hold in your memory stands up to the real thing. Over 8 years I am yet to be disappointed with Grilld. They are that good. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg