Can I help you find something??

28 March 2014

Baby to Little Lady room update: Curtain makeover

If you've been following along, I have been posting about the updates we've been making to Madeleine's room. As I have been updating her nursery to a room fit for a little lady I replaced the nursing chair with a slimline rocker, and I've been hanging her beautiful baby clothes as wall art

Another change I made a few weeks back was an update to her curtains. I made the original green curtains and so didn't want to just discard them. They are nice and heavy and so keep Madeleine's room dark and warm on these cold London mornings. 


And so I bought some super cheap (as in £7 cheap) lightweight white curtains to hang over the top of the original ones. But when they arrived, I discovered I had mis-measured. Oops. So I turned it to my advantage and made neutral colour-blocked curtains. 


The beige fabric piece on the bottom of the curtains gave it a little extra weight so that they hung nicely, and I really like the slight colour variation. 

And then of course they needed a little glam and gold, so I made a sweet little Sparkle Bow Curtain Tie to finish them off beautifully. I don't need to wax lyrical about my love of gold, and sparkles and bows... we've met! 


I really love the finished product. It makes her room much lighter and brighter, but yet is still classic and feminine. I like that I can use the full set of curtains at night time and for naps, and then have the lighter ones to flow in the afternoon breezes!


Happy Friday! What do you have planned for the weekend? We are going to be heading out for lunch tomorrow and I've no idea what Madeleine has planned for Mother's Day on Sunday, but she needs to remind her Daddy, he seems to have forgotten all about it!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! 

post signature


Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, I was worried they'd look a bit odd in a little girls' room, but I think they look cute in there! xx

      Delete
  2. The curtails are lovely and the bows are so YOU! Her room is looking great... so charming. Cook and interior decorator.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you know ME already Jennifer!!!! Oh goodness no, I'm no interior decorator at all, just love to make changes on the cheap!!!! Thank you, you too!! xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute idea! I love how you did it! I can not wait to redo Sydney's room once she has a bigger one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! Ode to have a bigger room!!!!! xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg