Can I help you find something??

07 February 2014

Easy Lamb & Qunioa Tabbouleh wraps (GF)

Some weeknights I feel the need to create elaborate and exhausting dinners, for some reason it just soothes my weary soul to create and savour.

And then other nights I want something simple like an omelette or toasted sandwich.

This dinner kind of fits in the middle, but closer to the "less is more" end!


Tabbouleh is typically made with bulgar wheat, making it not suitable for people allergic to gluten, but I decided to give it a go with quinoa instead and was pleasantly surprised with how it worked out! 


For the Tabbouleh (regular recipe BBC Food)
1oz cooked quinoa
2 large ripe vine tomatoes, or a handful of baby toms
Large bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
Small bunch fresh mint leave, finely chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2-3 T freshly squeezed lemon juice

Chop all ingredients finely and combine in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.

For the Lamb Kofta's
Lamb mince
1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
1-2 t Harissa paste
1/2 t ground cumin

Combine all ingredients and form into small balls and cook for about 15 minutes until well cooked on the outside, but still a tiny bit pink on the inside.

For the wraps
GF corn tortillas

For the sauce
Tomato paste/ketchup/puree
Harissa paste

Combine the tomato and harissa to taste, it should be a little sweet but a little spicy.

Slightly cook the corn tortillas so they are soft and arrange a little tomato sauce, lamb kofta's and tabbouleh.

Wrap and Eat!



PMI

Plus = Fresh, tastes like Morocco in a wrap!

Minus = The wraps are fine with this, but I can imagine flour tortillas would be a bit softer

Interesting = I made my husband these but in pita pockets, which would keep the tabbouleh contained better!

What meals are your favourite go-to meals for midweek dinners?? Or Friday night dinners as this may be?!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend! As you read this we are probably somewhere South of Zurich starting our accent up into the Alps!!! I'm sorry but I am beyond excited, we've always dreamed of going to the Swiss Alps and so my Husband is making (another) dream come true and that is where I will be seeing out my 20's and welcoming my 30's in with style!!! 

What have you got planned?! If you want to see lots of snow, I'm likely to bombard Instagram with way too many photos this weekend!! Did I mention I am excited!!!! 
post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg