Can I help you find something??

04 July 2013

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July! 

(This is actually Jules, Me and Meghan at Rockerfeller Centre this past Christmas)

As an Australian, living in London, you may wonder why I am celebrating the independence of the USA from Great Britain. The answer is because our daughter has American Aunts and Uncles. 




She has a legit American Aunt. 


She has American cousins.


She has American Grandparents in the South. (I'm so sorry I don't have any photos of Nancy or Mamu with Baby M but you know she adores you). 

And she has American best friends and future boyfriends.



We've made quite a life for ourselves over in the UK and have surrounded ourselves with some pretty amazing people. It just so happens, that 90% of which, are Yanks! 

So when July 4th rolled around this year, we were excited to introduce the star spangled banner to our baby girl, with some of our nearest and dearest. I spent the morning brushing up on my American trivia, in preparation for a pub quiz at tonight's pot-luck dinner, preparing Baby M's stars & stripes outfit, and decorating a New York Baked Cheesecake that I made last night. 


(If I were to caption this one: "Do we need this clip as well woman?")

("ready when you are Mum")


They look a little basic I understand, not worthy of the Pinterest Pinning, but hey, I tried! I made a marscapone icing for the top of the cheesecake, and coloured some blue and red for the stars and stripes. This flag isn't in my blood, I kept having to fight my hand which wanted to form the stars into the Southern Cross!


I hope you've had a wonderful celebration today, we sure enjoyed being quasi-American for the day! How did you surround yourself in stars and stripes??

post signature

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! You added more red, white and blue than I did (and I am one of the american aunts!). I want that recipe! nom nom nom. I love cheesecake. Greg and I differ here a lot because I like the more cheese that is baked (new york style) and he likes the non-baked lemon kind that is so sickly sweet it makes my toes curl when I bite into it.

    I made pulled-pork bbq, got my slow cooker out....popped pork shoulder in with some red onion, mustard, Worcestershire, loads of garlic, can of Dr. Pepper, bottle of beer and slow cooked it for about 7 hours until i pulled apart. I then took it out, separated it and then added some Texas BBQ sauce I paid 14 bucks for. but boy it sure was good sauce. pork was amazing, soft and yummy and not sweet at all from the Dr. Pepper.
    But BBQ is a must in Texas for the 4th, that and lots of skiing on lakes and fireworks.

    love that you love us all xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg