Can I help you find something??

08 March 2013

A surprise Baby Sprinkle

A few weekends ago we went to visit my brother and his family in Jersey and I decided that I wanted to throw my sister-in-law a baby shower while we were there. Kara is pregnant with her third baby and has never had a baby shower before, due to moving around so much. Having two adorable children under 4 and doing everything that she does, I thought it would be nice to gather her friends around for the afternoon and treat her to a bit of fun, food and treats. I was looking through Pinterest for ideas and heard about a Baby Sprinkle, being a smaller Baby Shower, and thought that would be perfect! 

I designed the invites on Paperless Post and put together an intimate afternoon tea for all the women in Jersey who will be supporting Kara when this adorable baby arrives in a month. 


They aren't finding out the gender of the baby, so I made the theme coral, blue and gold.






I loved having the sprinkles carry through the theme as well. 



It was my first ever nappy cake, but I think it worked out pretty well and looked adorable, plus gave them another box of nappies for those early days!


I loved filling balloons with confetti (and am so frustrated that I didn't take a photo of them, they looked so cute), inserting ribbon bows into paper plates, and rolling 88 nappies to form the nappy cake. It was a lovely afternoon and Kara was properly spoiled by her generous friends. 

I am so excited to meet my new little nephew/niece in just a few weeks time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg