Can I help you find something??

23 May 2014

Macadamia Nut Brittle

A few weekends ago I attended a bloggers event for "Bake for Bumps". 

It was such a wonderful afternoon and I was so proud to be involved in such a worthy cause. 

AND well, there was some fairly spectacular baking produced!!!

Emma put together a little goodie bag for everyone as a little thank you for coming, with some traveller-inspired beauty products.

I wanted to contribute a little something to the goodie bags and so made some Macadamia Nut Brittle for everyone to chew/crunch on for the trip home. 

I haven't had Macadamia Nut Brittle in years, I had completely forgotten how amazing it is!!!


I was searching and searching for a nut brittle recipe that I liked the sound of, and should have known to look on Australian websites to start with!! 

I found this recipe on Taste.com.au and being simple and using real ingredients (no pesky corn syrup) I thought I would give it a go. It was sensational!! So easy to make and so delicious!


Ingredients

225g (1 1/2 cups) whole macadamia nuts
315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
125ml (1/2 cup) water
50g butter, chopped

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread the macadamia nuts over a large baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a bowl. Set the tray aside to cool slightly. Line the tray with non-stick baking paper.
  2. Place sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, occasionally brushing down the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush, for 10 minutes or until golden.
  3. Carefully add the macadamia nuts and butter and stir to combine. Pour onto the prepared tray and spread slightly. Set aside for 30 minutes to set. Break into shards.


I only made one batch, which displeased my Husband greatly, as there was none leftover for him. So, something tells me I'll be making this one again very soon!! Perhaps this long weekend! 

Have a wonderful long weekend if you're in the US and UK, I'm so excited for three whole "Daddy Days" in a row! Have a great weekend!

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

1 comment:

  1. First you get me hooked on the maple bacon fudge... and now this?! Meg, what are you doing to me?! I seriously won't be able to get this out of my head until I make it.

    I do have a question though. I made the Maple Bacon Fudge with fine granulated sugar because I couldn't find caster sugar. It tasted great but was a tiny bit gritty (which I think was because of the sugar I used).

    I see this recipe calls for caster sugar. What exactly caster sugar? Is icing sugar a better one to use than granulated?

    Thanks for sharing Meg!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg