Can I help you find something??

04 April 2013

Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets

I saw a friend posting about chicken nuggets for her kids, and how she's not had much luck with the gluten free variety. I wanted to post these ones straight away because they are so simple, and delicious enough that I'm pretty sure even kiddies would like them!

In Australia there's a book that gained a whole lot of popularity a few years ago called 4 Ingredients (written by a somehow-related-cousin, which I think is pretty neat). The general principles behind the book was to simplify all forms of cooking by creating quick, easy and delicious recipes that are:

  • Made with 4 or fewer ingredients
  • Explained in an average of 4 sentences
  • Made using just 1 cup, 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon
  • Made with ingredients easily found in your local supermarket.
I have a copy of the original recipe book (along with 6 million others) and regularly use a few trusty recipes. One of which is chicken nuggets. I noticed that there is a new Gluten Free 4 Ingredients book which I may have to purchase, but I just adapted the original recipe to make these chicken nuggets coeliac friendly! 

Ingredients
Chicken
Mayonnaise
Almond meal/ground almonds
Spices of your choice - Peri peri seasoning, or chip sprinkle

Method

1. Cut chicken breast into nugget sized pieces

2. Coat in mayonnaise. This is a substitute for doing a flour-egg wash!


3. Combine the spices with ground almonds in a small bowl. 


4. Cover the chicken in almond and place on a baking tray. 


5. Bake for about 20 minutes in a moderate oven, turning over half way through. 

6. Enjoy while hot, with a generous portion of ketchup!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg