Can I help you find something??

24 July 2014

mum-made... Julie in the Red Shoes


 photo RenAug13_14.jpgToday I am so honoured to have  Julie from The Girl in the Red Shoes stopping by to contribute to mum-made.

I first discovered Julie  when I fell in love with the "Breastfeeding Diaries".

I was craving this exact sharing of experiences over new motherhood when Maddie was first born, and have been a huge fan ever since.


Julie has the cutest little boy Hudson who is a few months younger than Madeleine, and I just love empathising with her trials and triumphs in the everyday wonderment that is motherhood!

I am so excited to introduce you to another inspiring mama, over to you Julie, thank you so much for sharing.

Hello lovely meg-made readers! I am so excited to be guest posting for Meg today! My name is Julie and I blog about my life as I adjust to all the joys of motherhood over at The Girl in the Red Shoes. I have an almost two-year-old son named Hudson who brings me joy, laughter, and so much fun every day. I love meeting new people and would love it for you to stop by!
 photo IMG_5924copy.jpg
Today I'm going to share with you one of our favorite family friendly (and easy to make!) meals: Chicken and Black Bean Quinoa Bowls! I've been making this meal for almost a year now....so fun to look back at tiny baby Hudson enjoying his food!
 photo IMG_1824.jpg
My criteria for meals are: yummy taste, healthy ingredients, and easy to make. So, one day I made up this recipe based on things that Hudson loves to eat....and it turns out my husband and I love it too!
 photo IMG_1783.jpg
Here's what you'll need: 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes 1 15oz can black beans 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa shredded cheese shredded cooked chicken 1 zucchini salt and pepper to taste
 photo IMG_1785.jpg
First, cook your quinoa. Here's a tip: cook it in chicken broth instead of water...it will taste so much better! Then shred your zucchini using a cheese grater. Steam it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
 photo IMG_1794.jpg
Next, rinse the black beans and then add everything except the cheese to a skillet and cook over medium-low heat until warmed through.
 photo IMG_1800.jpg
Place the cooked mixture on top of your quinoa and then top with cheese! My husband and I added sour cream and salsa to ours.
 photo IMG_1801.jpg
Hudson's bowl ready to go.
 photo IMG_1806.jpg
Yum! Hudson loves this meal and always cleans his plate!
 photo IMG_1821.jpg
Hudson goes crazy over quinoa....but word of warning: it's crazy messy. But what isn't when you have a toddler?
 photo IMG_1835.jpg
Especially when this happens.
   photo IMG_1829.jpg
Good thing our dog Wrigley is always close by for clean-up duty.
Enjoy!
Follow Me On BloglovinFollow Me On InstagramFollow Me On FacebookFollow Me On Pinterest


Thank you so much for being part of mum-made Julie. I know my readers will fall in love with Hudson (and Wrigley too) and I am so grateful for the opportunity to share you with my friends! Thank you thank you thank you.

post signature

Psst!! If you are looking for a little more meg-made, I'd LOVE for you to follow along!


please-follow-me-on-pinterest please-follow-me-on-facebook please-follow-me-on-bloglovin please-follow-me-on-instagram

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments, I SO love hearing from you! xx Meg